I’m always on the lookout for fun, easy, tasty AND healthy ways to get my snack on.
And though I have long been familiar with energy and protein balls, I have never stopped to realize just how easy they are to make at home and store away.
And with so many different options and flavors, the possibilities are endless.
This is just one of my super easy, favorite recipes:
- 1 cup protein powder (whatever flavor floats your boat, I usually go for vanilla as a good base)
- 1 cup coconut flour (or oats are also a great option)
- 1 cup peanut butter (or almond butter… or both)
- Some granola (or anything else you’d like to add to give it a bit of crunch)
- A couple Dates cut up into tiny pieces
- Mix it all together with a spoon or spatula, and maybe add a tiny bit of water or almond milk to help everything bind better (this also depends on the consistency and type of peanut butter you’re using)
- When the consistency looks nice and malleable – it’s time to get your hands dirty and roll up some balls!
- I like to switch this up sometimes by adding a tiny dark chocolate chip or blueberry to the center of the ball as a ‘surprise filling’.
- Once you have your balls rolled up, roll them in some coconut shavings for a final touch.
- Allow about 30 min to 1 hour to solidify in the fridge.
- You can store these in a container in the fright for up to a week, or freeze them for longer storage.